Pokemon RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon RPG

A world of dreams has become a reality... The story is about to unfold on a maze of fantastic events...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Elite Coffee Drink!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DreadfulDretta

DreadfulDretta

Poke : 500

An Elite Coffee Drink! Empty
PostSubject: An Elite Coffee Drink!   An Elite Coffee Drink! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 4:14 am

Ah Goldenrod, a city for everyone! From trainers to Corporate leaders, this city was a haven. Elite 4 Champion Dretta was sitting outside a rather quaint cafe drinking a latte as she looked over a paper she had grabbed earlier. It noted how this year's trainers had just started out on their journeys, and that would mean in about six months she would have to crush all their efforts into dust. Nothing like a bunch of brats running around saying 'i wanna be the very best' all the way to my battle field... bleh she gave a light snort as she took another sip of her drink.

She wore her normal outfit, it was the new thing she wore when she became champion two years prior, but most people would note her by her unique hair style and color. One would think she was a psychic user, but in truth she was just a good ol' water trainer, from Cianwood. She defeated the Elite four and champion with just her Gyarados, Angel, her Slowbro, and Lanturn. Back then they were pushes over, but since she ran the show now she made sure only the top notch players were involved. Why give the trophies away? In her two years, no one had defeated her. But she figured it was about time someone did...
Back to top Go down
Jace

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Coffee Drink!   An Elite Coffee Drink! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 4:46 am

Jace sat down at the caffie after getting his drink. Jace was the psychic user of the elite four and the Espeon on his shoulders proved it. His clothing was bright along with his demeanor those that saw them saw a happy rich man, perhaps a little too rich but as a member of the elite four no one really questioned where his money and resources came from. His job was secure although one or two dark type users got past him He made sure to do his best to clean up those that would come in unprepared.

"Greetings Dretta." His voice was chipper as he sat down the espeon on his sholders let out a small 'espe' of approvement. Dretta was someone he had great respect for as a trainer even he hadn't beaten her in two years of working for her. "How is your day, Lovely weather we have been having isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
DreadfulDretta

DreadfulDretta

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Coffee Drink!   An Elite Coffee Drink! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 4:03 pm

Dretta looked up as her lips were on the rim of her cup. "Greetings Jace, and the weather would be better to me if there were not so many buildings blocking the Ocean air" she commented coolly. Dretta had grown up on Cianwood and enjoyed the fresh salt water smell the saturated the air. She looked at Jace calmly putting her cup down along with her paper. "So tell me Jace, how goes your preparation for the new trainers we are going to have to face in a few months?" She asked her pink eyes half opened and blank of emotion.

She had tried to spend as much time with each member of the Elite four, but oddly Jace was the man she could not figure out... He always seemed too happy, it annoyed her, then again -her eyes slid up to look at his Espeon- psychic users were always one emotion or another, happiness was just his emotion by the looks of it. But personally she thought her Slowking was the best Psychic in the Elite.
Back to top Go down
Jace

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Coffee Drink!   An Elite Coffee Drink! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 4:22 pm

The espeon let out a small esp as it scratched its self behined its ear. Jace smiled and petted the small espeon it had all the feline beauty of a feline but was smaller then a person and more useful. it was by far his favorite of his pokemon and the only one he would really consider important. "I was born in Lavender town in Kanto So i wouldn't know much about salt air being from the mountains. Still there Is a freshness I do miss."

Jace gave a small smile as he continued to pet his espeon and reached out for his coffee taking a drink he smiled it was good stuff but not as good as the stuff he had in his office. "Still golden rod is a lovely city, I would be lying if i didn't say that i would have liked a home here. it has so many business its quite nice to be in a large city don't you think?" he closed his eyes with a cheerful smile.
Back to top Go down
DreadfulDretta

DreadfulDretta

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Coffee Drink!   An Elite Coffee Drink! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 4:34 pm

The corner of Dretta's mouth twitched a bit getting infected by his cheerful demeanor. She gave a slight snort, "I enjoy the city yes, i just wish it was less... city-ish" she commented stubbornly. She enjoyed this place's coffee and that was the only reason she kept coming back. She looked at the Espeon again, wondering if she could get herself an Eevee and get her self a Vaporeon. They are good water types, but i think i'm far too busy to train from scratch again she sighed inwardly wondering if she were to lose this year that she would walk away... Or keep her reign, with one or so defeat? She looked down at her purse filled with her pokemon team, she always carried all five with her.

"In truth, I'd rather be in the ocean sunbathing on Angel's back whilst my Quagsire splashed water lightly on me to keep me cool." she took another sip of her drink before looking up at the sky, "Maybe i will visit home... nothing serious, just some swimming in the sea with my pokemon with the sun and wind around" she looked at Jace, "You might want to consider it... Water will do you some good" she chuckled a bit, playing her usual jab of Psychic users being inept in physical activities like swimming, she never really meant it but she said it a lot toward Jace and other Psychic users.
Back to top Go down
Jace

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Coffee Drink!   An Elite Coffee Drink! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 4:51 pm

"No thanks much as it sounds nice I actually can't swim. but maybe you should join me when i visit my home Lavender town lovely place really vary serine and quite good for meditations really." Lavender town was home of the pokemon tower a mass graveyard for pokemon who had been harmed by team rocket growing up in that place like that changed people. it was no surprise that most people who came from that place were psychic users.

"I don't really visit that place all that often the trains to Kanto don't run as often as i would like and are currently closed any way. that and well." he took another drink of coffee. "dispite its tranquility Lavender town is just kind of creepy. To tell you the truth i prefer it here in Jhoto... much nicer."
Back to top Go down
DreadfulDretta

DreadfulDretta

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Coffee Drink!   An Elite Coffee Drink! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 5:00 pm

Dretta tilted her head slightly, "I've never been to Lavender town, i went to Pallet town once to have a conversation with Oak, but that was a year ago" she shrugged her shoulders, "Maybe we could visit your home first, seeing as you haven't left Johto since you joined. Johto is more traditional then Kanto from what i hear, Goldenrod is the most advanced city we have" she smirked a bit. "I enjoy the old world style with touches of modern, gives a place more depth." She looked at her half finished cup of coffee, the dark color reflecting her image a bit.

"Personally i hope Johto does not become like Kanto, We have no room for the likes of Team Rocket" she snorted darkly, "They ruin peace with their greed" she sighed looking at Jace calmly, but a bitterness laid in her eyes. "But from what i hear, they are starting to infect Johto" she glanced side to side, "Starting small, but i hear they are even here in Golden Rod" She crossed her legs under the table, "What do you think?" she asked coolly.
Back to top Go down
Jace

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Coffee Drink!   An Elite Coffee Drink! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 5:19 pm

"Team Rocket is a strange organization I grew up In a town that has a mass grave yard for Pokemon because of them. they have survived for generations no matter how many times they take down the leader it always survives. they are a cockroach of the pokemon organizations." Jace smiled and pet his espeon. "I love Pokemon I mean who doesn't and I can't say I support team rocket I mean if they wan't money there is an easier way then chopping up slow poke tails don't you think?"

Jace always had to step carfully around the subject of team rocket if he shared to much it would raise an eye brow if he said to little it was an alert. he simply sat back smiling and drank some coffee. "and really thats only rumors when we get an above ground gambaling den here in golden rod then i think we will be in as much trouble as kanto, till then team rocket is just a shadow of what it was years ago. its not a threat and its not even confirmed."
Back to top Go down
DreadfulDretta

DreadfulDretta

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Coffee Drink!   An Elite Coffee Drink! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:21 am

Dretta looked at Jace for a moment then her eyes slid toward the window of the cafe. She looked at a new flier that was just put up the other day, 'New Goldenrod Gaming Corner!' "Seeing as i can read that, i assume i have every reason to be worried for the future of Johto" she smirked bitterly picking up her cup and taking a small sip just to add the flavor to her tongue. "I don't think Team Rocket could take over Johto as well as they did Kanto, but i can say i'd fight them off to protect my home and those that live in it" her voice was strong and eyes burning with Johto pride.

She picked up the paper she had been reading and looked it over, "did you hear about the strange goings-on at the Alpha Ruins?" She asked changing the subjects suddenly, "I hear it's a tourist spot now for any psychics to explore, especially if they have a radio" she smiled at Jace, "heh, maybe some rare psychic type lives out there" she shrugged as she finished off her last bit of coffee looking over the paper, "oo, and the new gamer corner has a special going on about free starter tokens" she rambled as she read glancing up at Jace.
Back to top Go down
Jace

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Coffee Drink!   An Elite Coffee Drink! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:37 am

Jace sighed he could have sworn that was supposed to open up next week still it was probably for the best the revenue that the gabling corner would bring in would be nice and for a while at least there would be no direct evidence that it was funded by team rocket. and the free starter tokens well that was just good busness make sure that they get the first taste for free. "Its still not as bad as it looks. I mean back in the day the leader of team rocket was a kanto gym leader at least we know that the pokemon league would never make the same mistake twice."

it was true the screening process for becoming a gym leader had become far more rigid in past years but that being said he was still able to get a nice spot on the elite four. he smiled and stroked the espeon petting it as he took another drink of coffee. "Alpha Ruins I haven't been actually, to tell you the truth i don't like old buildings or caves they creep me out. to much atmosphere no thanks ill just stick to the cities."
Back to top Go down
DreadfulDretta

DreadfulDretta

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Coffee Drink!   An Elite Coffee Drink! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:47 am

Dretta shrugged her shoulders, "just telling you what i've read" she stated coolly, "Seemed interesting, but in truth the whole weird music on your radio creeps me out, like something will follow you home" she shivered ever so slightly, "Don't really like the idea of Ghost, nor ghost pokemon" she snorted shaking her head, "creepy creatures" She had no hate for ghost pokemon just a dislike for them, mostly Haunters.

"...I dont' think i ever asked you this, but are you telepathic? in any way?" she asked tilting her head slightly eyes half closed in thought, "Like with anyone or just your pokemon?" she asked trying to have light conversation with a man she hardly knew on a friend level, he was a co-worker, but she wanted to know him better to be a better leader.

Also knowing if he was telepathic would do wonders for the next batch of trainers who were going to challenge them in the future. She glanced at the Espeon, it's like the damn thing is watching me... she thought glaring at it slightly.
Back to top Go down
Jace

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Coffee Drink!   An Elite Coffee Drink! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 6:04 am

"No im not telepathic, But i am vary good at reading people. Its not really a psychic skill I can just read people vary well I can read most peoples emotions and body language like a book, and i can do the same with pokemon. It's more empathy then telepathy. but its a skill ive come to rely on in battle." It wasn't a lie he had a nack for being able to read people, he attributed his success to that skill. More often then not a trainer has been done in by the simple illusion that he could read there minds and tell what attacks they were going to use when in fact he could just read the body language of the trainer and the pokemon.

Even now sitting across from Dretta if he tried he could tell what she was feeling he could tell that his espeon was making her uncomfortable which is really what he was there for it helped the illusion that he could read minds and gave a psychological edge to it. "Sadly any psychic power I have is really just an illusion a cheep trick or two that ive picked up in my days as a trainer. but my pokemon they have the real psychic power. Take espeon for instance Psybeam and confusion are two of the most powerful psionic attacks in the world. against a pokemon i can leave them trying to remember how to say there own name or have rydon think its a magic karp. Just imagine what would happen if that kind of power was unleashed against the less powerful human mind... scary isn't it?"

Jace gave a smile as he drank some more coffee actually in truth he had witnessed the power of a psychic pokemon against a regulare human but he wouldn't tell that story. he sighed a bit. "All I can say is that I am glad that most people treat pokemon with respect and dignity that they deserve. becouse if they wanted too.. they could mess us up something bad."
Back to top Go down
DreadfulDretta

DreadfulDretta

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Coffee Drink!   An Elite Coffee Drink! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:46 pm

Dretta started to relax visibly taking her eyes from the Espeon and letting them set on Jace. His words were very true; psychic Pokemon were rather frightening with their powers, she saw a bit of that strength with her Slowking. But he was a rather laid back pokemon enjoying sleeping and chowing down on his Yum-Yums than even fighting. But in truth, all pokemon were frightening with their powers.

"I can see what you mean," she said reaching in her bag and pulling out a pokeball and resting it on the table, despite its perfect sphere shape it sat on the table perfectly facing Jace, "Angel is a gyarados, a creature that has an attack, Hyper Beam, that can turn a lagoon of water into a sandpit." a dark smile cracked the corner of her mouth. "THey are angry creatures, I remember an old, old story that said Gyarados were the manifestation of the Sea's anger toward humanity." she shrugged her shoulders picking the ball up and balancing it on her finger tip. "Very few trainers can gain the trust of a Gyarados, even if they love you as a Magikarp, you have to gain their trust all over again..." Dretta looked at the pokeball her eyes clouding for the briefest second, "She nearly bit me in half after she evolved" she laughed darkly placing the ball back on the table the sun reflecting off it eerily.

"All pokemon are deadly creatures when pushed to it, but i assume brute violence is nothing like killing with a mere thought" she looked at Jace calmly, her eyes dark flicking with an unknown emotion.
Back to top Go down
Jace

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Coffee Drink!   An Elite Coffee Drink! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:59 am

"Almost every pokemon in my team has a technique called Psy Beam to a pokemon the effect of psy beam is like taking your brain out of your skull, putting it in the microwave and leaving it on high for ten minutes. Trainers that train psychic pokemon do so at there own risk." Jace wasn't about to pull out a pokebal but smiled with a slight nostalgia. "when i was first training my abra and it evolved into kadabra, I felt the effects of Psy beam when it struck me instead of the pokemon."

"I woke up in a pokemon center two days later becouse i had been carless enough to get close to my pokemon in battle. If it wern't for having been around psychic types for most of my life I may not have woken up at all." Jace smiled looking at his espeon who was probably the most powerful of his psychic types even though its level was only 57 its powers far exceeded his kadabra as it had three of the most powerful psychic powers future sight, confusion, and of course his Favorite psybeam. making it one of the most powerful pokemon in the jhoto league.

"They are smaller and more contained then pokemon who really on brute strength, and they tear threw mental walls. but to those that they like, they help them. the reason i survived that psy beam was becouse... well ive been around psychic energy so long that it just kind of rubs off i don't mean literally but it helps you prepare for that one day, when it could happen."
Back to top Go down
DreadfulDretta

DreadfulDretta

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Coffee Drink!   An Elite Coffee Drink! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 2:22 am

Dretta smiled a bit, "Well you're a lucky man, and a strong one... glad i have you" she bowed her head slightly. She trusted Jace fully, he was a strong and reliable person who could hold up against her in a battle. He was second to last in the elite four, and he would be the person she needed to test her targets. "Strength, physical and mental is what i need in my team" she murmured to herself.

"But with this Team Rocket thing, until i see some creep running around with Rs on their chest, i won't really worry" she chuckled grabbing her pokeball, "I'll have to give Lorelei a call later, see how things are in Kanto" she said coolly always have contact with former Elite members especially one she can get advice from.

A waiter appeared and refilled Dretta's cup, "thank you" she stated taking a sip. "Well tell me Jace.... How about a match one day? one against one as usual." She added smiling, "but until then, i think i'll be leave." She stood up yawning "might sleep at the pokemon center tonight or hoof it back to the Tower."
Back to top Go down
Jace

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Coffee Drink!   An Elite Coffee Drink! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 3:28 am

"Well then I think that I will bid you adue and see you at the tower, next time im there of course we do have oh six months give or take. but in all reality I should be there in two or three days, I have a business that I want to attened too I may go home and visit with relitives. all this talk about Kanto has me home sick." he said as he continued to sit down. he took another drink of his coffee.

"Im not really done here so you don't mind going on with out me do you?" he said smiling he didn't want to have to walk her to the pokemon center, when he was gonna be going to the train station. they were in the opposite directions. He gave a polite smile "and really I don't think you should worry about team rocket. were the elite four I mean we can handle anything right?"
Back to top Go down
DreadfulDretta

DreadfulDretta

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Coffee Drink!   An Elite Coffee Drink! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 3:33 am

At the last sentence Dretta could swear she saw lightening flash in the sky.. heat lightening was all. "Good day, Jace.. have a safe trip" she said calmly, "And of course we can handle anything... So long as we're all on the same page" she said coolly as she walked off her purse in hand with her five pokemon.

Dretta sipped her drink as she walked away shoulders squared and head held high. A few people stopped and watched, whispering about who she was, she only smirked. It felt good to be in the pokemon league, but she could feel a dark cloud moving in as she walked, as though a shadow creeped behind her waiting to consume her...
Back to top Go down
Jace

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Coffee Drink!   An Elite Coffee Drink! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 3:40 am

Jace watched her leave a smile on his face. and then sipped his drink as a tinted limo drove up. he got into the black car where his smile fadded. the driver who was only visable from the inside was in the usual black uniform a large red R on his chest. "I thought i said we don't use those uniforms around me." he said his tone vary diffrent and business like as he sat down.

as the limo started to drive away towards the train station all he could think of was that it was good to be king. Dretta there leader had no idea how close she had been to becoming a drooling mess. "Espeon return." he said as the red light faded away one of his tools. Espeon was his favrot tool mind you but thats all it was. "Now then where were we, ah yes get my executives on the line I wan't to know why the game corner opened ahead of schedual." Looking up to the sky there was a dark cloud passing over it, and its was oddly shaped like a gaint red R. "It will all be mine." he said his voice low and almost poisonous.

[/thread]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Elite Coffee Drink!   An Elite Coffee Drink! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Elite Coffee Drink!
Page 1 of 1